The Ameth Chronicle
- Angels and Demons are completely redacted from this campaign. There is no evidence of a god-machine displayed to your characters thus far.
- If you hear ‘demon’ referenced it will either be in the general ‘evil supernatural being’ sense or referring to the Demon’s Gate: the one-way portal that dumps into the local hedge. The Abyssal monsters terrorizing the outside world are collectively known as Abathoth.
- Mages exist, but generally not within Ameth or anywhere else in that little pocket dimension. Something about the nature of this place prevents awakening. Best guess among supernaturals who noticed that initially was that the place is a downward flow of power from the Supernal to the Material, such that forming a initial link in the other direction by an individual mage to participate in the downflow was impossible. Other guesses include that the interior inhibits supernal magic so as not to disturb the overall structure.
- The world outside is understood by supernaturals who are in on the secret to be two-way war between the forces of the Ascended Mages and the Abyss.
- The last party never existed. Some of the stuff they dealt with did happen, and was handled by other parties with similar skills, including vampire politics and hacking escapades.
- There is still a shady organization running things from the pillar that seems to control the Hexarchy which in turn heavily influences layer governments. They still seem to have access to an unfair advantage in magic and technology, and there are still agencies that align new supernaturals with/as more powerful organizations to keep them safe.
- The agencies are co-ordinated by a mysterious figure known as Mordecai who seems to know everything he needs to know and arrange everything that he needs to arrange to stay hidden and accomplish his major goals.
- Typical agency units consist of a single type of supernatural and are primarily devoted to finding, recruiting, and settling new supernaturals into society with a shared loyalty to protect each other. Usually from being quietly disappeared.
- The agencies as a whole seem to be focused on counterbalancing the power of the Hexarchy regarding the supernaturals in Ameth, which leads to the kindred and changelings cutting them some slack.
- The supernatural balance of the city is mostly Covenants>Courts>Agencies, with the exception of Baojia Caozi which is completely changeling dominated and a few wildcards like the Complete Man who rules Atlantis and has managed to keep exactly how he does what he does a secret.